What is the Park Hall Sixth Form Bursary?
The Department for Education has allocated an amount of money to Park Hall to allow the school to grant bursaries to students on low incomes to contribute towards the costs of studying in the Sixth Form.
To be eligible to receive a bursary you must be a full time student at Park Hall Sixth Form and be aged under 19 on 31st August in the academic year in which you begin your programme. Students qualify for the Bursary if they meet any of the following requirements.
- Students in care or who have recently left local authority care or are in receipt of universal credit or Personal Independence payments
- Students who are in receipt of free school meals
- Students with a household income of less than £28,000 per year.
At Park Hall, all students that qualify for the Sixth Form Bursary will receive a payment of £80 at the start of the academic year as a contribution to the purchase of suitable ‘Business Dress’ in line with the Business Dress Code. Other suitable costs that can be covered by bursary funds include the following
- Curricular School trips
- School related travel expenses (such as a bus pass)
- School Stationery (Folders, plastic wallets, pens, calculators)
- Text Books
- Revision Guides and Materials
- UCAS Application Costs
Please see the Park Hall Sixth Form bursary policy and application form below.