Sixth Form Information
Park Hall Sixth Form was graded as ‘Good’ by OFSTED in September 2015.
Standards and Expectations: Park Hall Sixth Form insists on the very highest standards of behaviour, attendance and commitment to learning. From September 2016 Park Hall Sixth Form has adopted a Business Dress Code as reflected in the picture above.
Results and Achievements: In 2015 and 2016 the levels of progress made by Park Hall Sixth Form students in both academic and vocational subjects exceeded both the National and Solihull averages.
Options in the Sixth Form: In September 2017 students will follow one of three ‘pathways’ through the sixth form.
Pathway 1: Traditional Academic A levels (exams at the end of 2 years study)
Pathway 2: New Btec Level 3 courses (equivalent to A levels and combining coursework style assessments and A level style examinations for the first time).
Pathway 3: Combination of A levels with Btec Level 3 qualifications.
Subjects on Offer for September 2017
A Level Subjects
- Art & Photography
- Computer Science
- English Literature
- Government & Politics
- Media Studies
New Btec Level 3 courses
- Art & Design (3D Design)
- Children’s Play, Learning & Development
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Health & Social Care
- Information Technology
- Media Production
- Performing Arts
- Sport & Exercise
Additional Enrichment Opportunities in the Sixth Form at Park Hall
- Student Leadership (Sixth Form Executive)
- Compulsory Work Experience
- Academy Colours Award
- World Challenge Expedition
- NCFE Employability qualification (all students in Y13)
- Educational Visits (including India, New York, Washington, Austria, Switzerland and Iceland since 2014 and a World Challenge expedition to Nepal in 2017)
- Community links / Volunteer Work
- Sports Leaders / Sports Team representation
- Solihull Council Takeover Challenge
- Business Enterprise Group
- Year 12 Enrichment programme
For any further information about the sixth form please contact Mr Cornell on firstname.lastname@example.org or to arrange a guidance interview on alternative options contact Mr Phillips on email@example.com